On Mon, 2017-10-23 at 09:33 -0400, ATMunn . wrote:
> A few more questions I've thought of recently.
>
> What does the term "Class-N" crime mean? I couldn't find the definition
> anywhere in the rules. Is it leftover from a previous ruleset?

It used to specify a rules violation that had a standard punishment. If
players admitted to having violated the rules, they could just accept
the standard punishment rather than needing a CFJ to determine what the
punishment was (there wasn't a Referee at the time to arbitrarily
decide the punishment in a more lightweight way).

> I'm slowly starting to hate Gmail more and more as I use it. What's a good
> desktop client for Agora?
I use Evolution, but Thunderbird has similar functionality and is
probably better at getting quotes right. Evolution has some bizarre
bugs in that regard. Either should be capable of connecting to a Gmail
account over IMAP.

> When is it better to use MAY as opposed to CAN?
MAY is used in a situation where something would normally be possible
but illegal, and it makes it possible but legal. For example, we used
to make it illegal to lie in the public forum, except when stating that
you intended to perform an action in the future. That could look like
this:

A player SHALL NOT post a statement to the public forum unless e
believes it to be true. As an exception, a player MAY post a statement
of intent to perform an action in the future even if e does not
actually intend to perform that action.

--
ais523