On Wed, 1 Nov 2017, Alexis Hunt wrote:
> 1607

Ah that was somehow missing from one of PSS's recent rulesets, I see
e fixed that right afterwards.

Under that, ID Numbers were first defined in Rule 2161 (2 August 2007) so
there's no guarantee that any proposal before that officially has one.

I *will* point out that (in terms of common definitions), if I were working
in a stockroom, and I asked someone "hey, what's that product ID number" and
they said "013-J/X-5593" I would accept that as the "ID number" without
worrying about it.  So if we allow "standard progression" numbers before
2007 to be grandfathered in by common definition, I don't see how that
precludes "unusual" identifiers.