> On Nov 7, 2017, at 7:21 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote:
>

> On Wed, 8 Nov 2017, VJ Rada wrote:
>> 1: Make transactions from the Head to Agora of exactly 1 shiny, for
>> the sole purpose of paying for an Estate.
>
> Counterarguments:
>
> We've previously found that if you try to pay for something, and fail,
> the entire transaction fails.
>
> So the first attempt to pay 1 shiny fails because it doesn't accomplish
> it's purpose, etc.
>
> I believe o has been a strong proponent of this view, as e has repeatedly
> re-done official transactions because the amount hasn't been right.
>
> (Yes, I see that the difference in wording in Auctions versus other
> rules makes this a more borderline argument).

Memo to V.J Rada: the smart thing to do would have been to announce the
contract _after_ I announced the auction results. ;)

Since the auction won’t actually close until tomorrow, I’ll reserve detailed
comment for now, other than for two points:

1. I’m on the fence about this, and I fully intend to CFJ this (barring V.J
Rada), to ensure that we have some kind of resolution on it.

2. The cyclic payment part looks effective: an Agoran with the fewest sh. can
cycle 1 sh. between emself and Agora indefinitely. The only question is whether
1,011 single payments in a single message have the same effect as a 1,011-sh.
payment would, and that’s … at least partially a question of fungibility.

Anyways, the scam should be obvious at this point. I’m going to go through the
motions, largely as a debugging exercise.

-o