On Mon, 20 Nov 2017, VJ Rada wrote:
> That's fine by me, yes. Everyone has periods of high activity and
> inactivity (well, I'm very active haha) and night court as a concept just
> encourages giving more cases to yourself.

I mainly invented it because, when I took over as Arbitor, there were several
cases that were caught in limbo because of failed motions or something,
where no one cared about the answer anymore, and it was easiest for me to
just whip through the backlog (those are still reflected on my count below,
3556 was the last of those).  But once that backlog was cleared, it turned
out that was a rare event and all the day/night assignments have been pretty
much identical.

I *will* admit to silently Favoring ones that come along (not breaking
self-interest ethics I hope) but I'm pretty much even with Day judges
right now.  And R991 actually explicitly allows me some self-interest,
so I'd be breaking the rules if I didn't do that :P.