On Thu, 2018-02-08 at 02:58 +0100, Ørjan Johansen wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Feb 2018, Madeline wrote:
> > On 2018-02-08 12:26, Ørjan Johansen wrote:
> >> (I think option 1 is redundant with option 2, anyway. Limericks _do_ have
> >> rhyming scheme and strict meter.)
> >
> > I think it kind of works if you treat "Ok so, hear me out" as
> spoken rather
> > than part of the first line?
>
> ...No, no it doesn't.

Just to support your point here:

It's always surprised me how many people don't understand
scansion/meter. It's a more important part of poetry than rhyme is.

Limericks have a very strict meter, which makes it almost impossible to
write a proposal as a single limerick because there's just not enough
room to fit in all the necessary boilerplate and a reasonable payload
before you run out of syllables. (I guess it'd be less bad if you
merely wanted to change the gamestate rather than creating a rule.)

--
ais523