You could look at comparing the real component only (which would give it a size of 0), or perhaps taking the modulus (which would give it a size of 1). I'd suggest withdrawing it lest you meet the same fate as Cuddlebeam, though.

On 2018-02-09 11:34, Gaelan Steele wrote:
Still leaves my bid of i. I’m kind of curious about the ruling about that, but
I’m happy to (attempt to) retract one or both of my bids if that’s what
everyone would prefer.

Gaelan

On Feb 8, 2018, at 4:20 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote:

On Fri, 9 Feb 2018, Madeline wrote:
So what's the status on the remaining two auctions now?
I was hoping to make a serious bid on them. :(
Here's how fun's not *entirely* broken:

You can still place lower bids.

And CuddleBeam *might* be able to retract eir bid (I think e
can, because that doesn't outright conflict with the zombie
auction rule).

Players may wish to think about making support for Throwing
the Book at CuddleBeam somehow conditional on whether e withdraws
those bids...