Where does it say one action per month?  The way I'm reading it, the second
paragraph of R2532 allows the owner to do anything anytime on behalf of the
zombie?  The scaring is once a month but that's a price of ownership not
a limit on non-scaring actions, I think.

That said, I just noticed that zombies are nearly worthless anyway but in
a different way, so maybe it doesn't matter :).  (not telling the reason
right this minute!)

I hear you on the "artificial is too artificial to be a person" part.
But I don't mean making them non-players, I mean making them permanent
(artificial) players.