On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 11:35 PM Alex Smith <ais...@alumni.bham.ac.uk>
wrote:

> On Fri, 2018-02-23 at 23:17 -0800, Kerim Aydin wrote:
> > Re-enact rule 2599 "Welcome Packages" by replacing the second
> > paragraph with:
> >
> >   If a player has not received a Welcome Package since e most
> >   recently registered, any player CAN cause em to receive one by
> >   announcement.
> >
> >   When a player receives a Welcome Package, Agora creates the
> >   following assets in eir possession:
> >
> >   1. 10 coins
> >   2. 5 lumber
> >   3. 5 stones
> >   4. 10 apples
> >   5. 3 papers
> >
> > Make all players eligible to recieve Welcome Packages.
>
> A literal reading of this implies that this proposal is attempting to
> cause everyone to not have received a Welcome Package since e most
> recently registered (as opposed to merely making em eligible as though
> e hadn't received it). Is that sort of retroactive change possible at
> power 2.6?
>
> --
> ais523

There's no blanket restriction on retroactivity, so it probably works. In
any case, I think the clause is probably unnecessary. We've had Welcome
Packages in the recent-ish past, but I seem to recall a precedent that
references do not cross time by default, and I don't see anything here that
would imply linkage.

-Aris

-Aris