Fair. I'm sure there's an easy way to say it... yet this is Agora we're talking about, so probably not.

On 4/15/2018 3:50 PM, Aris Merchant wrote:
That sentence is long and hard to understand though.

-Aris

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 6:30 AM ATMunn <iamingodsa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Looks good, but I feel you could condense those two sentences into one
with something like this:

If there exists one or more Units of non-Aether Land in the possession
of Agora with the preservation switch set to False, either all of them
if there are less than 5 or 5 of them if there are 5 or more, are to be
chosen by the Cartographer.

On 4/14/2018 9:25 PM, Reuben Staley wrote:
Submitting this to a-d since I don't trust myself to submit the actual
thing yet. Please fix my inevitable mistakes.

Title: 5 auctions
AI: 1
Author: Trigon
Co-author(s):

Amend rule 2004 "Land Auctions" by replacing the entire text with:

        Every Agoran Week, if the number of units of Private Land is less
        than one half the total number of units of Land, the Cartographor
        SHALL select up to 5 land units by the following process:

        1. If there exist at least 5 Units of non-Aether Land in the
           possession of Agora with the preservation switch set to False,
           any 5 such Units of Land, are to be chosen by the Cartographor.

        2. If there exist fewer than 5 Units of non-Aether Land in the
           possession of Agora with the preservation switch set to False,
           all such Units are automatically chosen.

        For each land unit selectd by the process described above, the
        Cartographor CAN and SHALL initiate an auction with it as the only
        lot. For this auction, the announcer is the Cartographor, the
        auctioneer is Agora, and the minimum bid is 1 coin.