Could you guys let me do one thing in this game without pointing out how I
messed up?

Okay, okay. Here's a flimsy argument for why this works:

I could only possibly transfer items to myself from a facility on a land
unit I'm on. Therefore, "that unit" should mean "the unit I'm on" since
that's the only option for transferring. Therefore, the attempt succeeds.