On Fri, 29 Jun 2018, David Nicol wrote:
> FRC is, you know, currently between rounds.
>
> Regarding the theme of
>  "OYEZ, OYEZ! THE DISPUTE BEFORE US  TODAY IS WHETHER FRC OR AGORA IS THE
> TRUE INHERITOR OF NOMIC WORLD".
>
> I think there's a "matter of genuine controversy" issue. What difference
> does this bragging right make? And why can't it be both? Is NW in probate?

I was just looking for a theme that would promote CFJ-like legal arguments
as moves.  But it's just from a conversation that came up in Agora discussion
last month, plus the fact that FRC had a round that "included" other nomics
recently.  To paraphrase our discussion:

"Hey, the Agora 25th anniversary is coming up!"

"I wonder if Agora is the longest-running nomic in the world?"

Ørjan:  "Actually *ahem* FRC started a little earlier".

Then we looked up the dates and noted that FRC started around Feb-Mar
1993 so lasted a little longer, then we had a little friendly discussion
about whether Agora was somehow "more continuous" with Nomic World in
spirit.

But I'm totally open to other wordings/ideas that keep the theme
of Agoran CFJ-like legal quibbling over this sort of philosophical
fine point.