On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 2:20 PM ATMunn <iamingodsa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/17/2018 5:06 PM, Reuben Staley wrote:
> > My point is that,
> > in it's current state, I am not planning on playing space. Once the
> > core is supplemented with interesting mechanics to help make it more
> > fun to play, sure. But right now? I just really don't think I'd enjoy
> > it.
>
> Oh, I totally get that. This by *no* means was meant to be the final
> proposal. It was getting very close to the point of being scrapped
> altogether, but you and G. have helped me regain a bit more confidence.
> I absolutely agree that it is basically unplayable, or at least
> uninteresting, in its current state. I will probably put out another
> proto within the next few days, taking in as much feedback as possible.

> No, you’re really on the right track. You’ve brainstormed correctly.
Remember how I said “start with a very simple idea and then add just enough
so it's not actively boring”? You’ve done the very simple idea, which is
great. Now you need to do the adding. Trigon is right that this is too
simple right now. Try to find some way of adding some planning or long term
strategy that makes the gameplay more interesting without distracting from
the core idea. Something that serves the same purpose as the special
abilities of the politicians in the politics system, but obviously,
tailored for your game. G. is right that it can’t have too much overhead.
See if you can keep it to a single extra rule, maybe a bit more if necessary.
Most importantly, it should feel like a clear part of the system, not an
extra tacked on thing. That’s what I’d do anyway.

As for a win condition, what if we created a new party policy of
Entertainment, and gave out favors in that party as prizes for having high
or low fame?

-Aris