How about "a player CAN object to an intent by announcement"

Then, we could define Without N Objections as "if less than N players have objected"

Likewise, "a player CAN support an intent by announcement"

So that With N Support could be defined as "if N or more people have supported"

Defining objecting and supporting as *actions* instead of a *state* clarifies this quite a bit.