Proposals take effect clause by clause via this part of 106:
                    Except as prohibited by other rules, a proposal that
      takes effect CAN and does, as part of its effect, apply the
      changes that it specifies.

That prohibition is generally applied to proposals clause by clause.
So doesn't the proposal taking effect amount to "Except as prohibited by
other rules (Rules or Instruments to the contrary notwithstanding...)"
which basically neuters the proposal's claim of precedence?