I wasn't particularly interested in playing space.  Which is fine, and
I didn't read it closely.  But it looks like I'm required to respond - is
that correct?  If spaaace has made sub-games mandatory (another player can
force my response with a SHALL?) my preferred option would be to deregister
while this plays out.

So before I do so, is this interpretation correct?

As discussed to death during Land/Economy, sub-games should never be
mandatory, and one player should never be able to force another into
a Class-2 crime if they don't wish to participate.