twg wrote:
> I submit this proposal:

Thanks for the quick response and solution!!

> Incidentally, I selected you and D. Margaux to attack because the two of
> you have the most coins and therefore are the biggest threats. I guess
> that doesn't hold true if you don't want to play at all (which I admit I
> didn't expect), but oh well.

Oops, saying "not interested" makes it sound like I thought it's a bad
sub-game or something - it wasn't so much "don't want to play at all" but
after noodling around with that card trading game idea I realized I was just
not in the place to jump into *any* subgame for the next few weeks at least,
so while the voting was going on I was sorta thinking "I'm not going to
read this closely, I'll just watch for a bit and maybe jump in later".

So it was really a surprise when I realized that was a crime (and who
knows, I guess I've got a week to respond...)

> The mandatoriness of submitting them is a holdover from ATMunn's original
> version, where the method for making the game optional was for Spaceships
> to be created by announcement; I didn't think to rephrase it. I apologise
> for the inadvertent autocratic behaviour.

That totally makes sense, I was thinking "I wouldn't object if you
had to opt-in by creating a spaceship or something" so that was probably
why it seemed fine before (I think the only time I commented on this was
on an early ATMunn draft).

I was reflecting just now:  the only time I can think of (ever) that
a player was required to respond to something without an opt-in of some
kind was an ancient tax system in an old economy (and even that required
some participation to earn enough to be taxed above deductibles, and was
horribly controversial at the time).

-G.