On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 12:48 AM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@uw.edu> wrote:
> Of course, if one of the Agorans is possessed of private information (e.g. a
> code arranged with the resolver ahead of time, that e understands), this is
> trivial to arrange, as it becomes "a typical Agoran with information X
> understands X, something that a typical Agoran without information X doesn't
> understand". Which makes perfect sense.

Hold on, isn't that exactly what happened here? "rau" is effectively (if we
strip away all the fluff about constructed languages, which was a fun excuse
but isn't really relevant) a secret code devised for communication between the
resolver (me) and the person who first used it in a public message
(coincidentally, also me).

If the original attempt failed at all, I would have expected it to be because
of R2466's prohibition of sending-messages-on-behalf. I realise that
contradicts CFJ 3649 but to be honest I'm not 100% certain, in hindsight, that
that judgement was correct anyway.

-twg