> On Jan 20, 2019, at 7:25 PM, Aris Merchant
> <thoughtsoflifeandligh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It’s definitely 1,000,000,000 actions, according to CFJ 3597, but
> I think that CFJ may also suggest that we can only levy one fine (I’m not
> sure about that though).

I admit that I don’t fully understand this CFJ decision. However, aren’t there
CFJs that say, essentially, that a player cannot use a shorthand “I perform an
action X times,” when X is a number large enough that the player couldn’t
reasonably spell out all of those actions separately in the message? If I am
remembering that right, and if the creation of each unit of influence is a
separate action, then perhaps the attempt create 1,000,000,000 units of
influence failed under that reasoning.

> In any case, I think it's clear that e must be given the maximum possible
> sentence. After all "The fine SHOULD be increased to the degree that the
> violation is willful, profitable, egregious, or an abuse of an official
> position.", and this is all of the above.

This is probably true. And there is some poetic justice and comedy value in the
idea of imposing a billion blot fine. Starting to regret finding this exploit!