When you say "claim points", in the context of this contest- the prize goes
to whomever "points out" the loophole  - so my intent was it's whomever
first comes up with the loophole, provided e then reveals it.

You're right though - if someone started a scam with a hidden-but-public
move, then someone else could say "hey, I know where you're going with that
hidden move!" and explains it publicly, the second person could be seen as
the "pointer-outer".  Since this whole thing is squishy and at Herald's
discretion, I'd say in that case that, if the hidden move maker then
confirms the nature of the scam publicly, e still gets the only credit
because e "pointed out" the scam by starting it then confirming its results.

Overall, I hope that by seeking consensus afterwards we could come to some
reasonable conclusion as a group on who deserves credit for thinking up the
idea without getting too finicky about it.

So sure, in that case, if the first person sent me a private message
explaining eir hidden move, I could use that to show afterwards (during
discussion of who won) that e had the idea first.  But e'd still have to
explain it publicly, too.