I'd accept this argument if it were a "by announcement" action, but the
requirement is literally to "state" a specific fact.  Asserting that you can
perform this by not directly and clearly stating the fact is I Say I Did.

Quang aside, would you say that "I earn how ever many assets R2496 says I
should earn for the latest X report" meets the criteria?  That's just as
understandable a code as yours, if not more so.   If it does meet the
criteria, what's the point of R2496 requiring the "statement of how many" in
the first place?  You'd be overriding a plainly-written Rules requirement,
which is not giving the text of the rules precedence as per R217.