I don't like the essential double negation in this - if people were
confused about what the previous version means, then that's just going to
make it worse. And I'm not convinced #3 means what you want if there are
supporters and no objectors - undefined values mess up logic.
Instead I'd suggest staying with forward reasoning by keeping the current
items, except for #4 and the "; and", and adding "if all of the following
are true" that you suggested in an earlier message.
On Thu, 14 Feb 2019, James Cook wrote:
Sorry for all the versions.
I withdraw my previous proposal (Correction to Agoran Satisfaction,
Version 1.1.2) and submit a proposal as follows, and comment that I
removed the word "and" between #2 and #3 and turned the items into
Title: Correction to Agoran Satisfaction, Version 1.1.3
Adoption Index: 2
Replace the following part of of Rule 2124:
Agora is Satisfied with an intent to perform a specific action if
and only if:
1. if the action is to be performed Without N Objections, then it
has fewer than N objectors;
2. if the action is to be performed With N support, then it has
N or more supporters; and
3. if the action is to be performed with N Agoran Consent, then
the ratio of supporters to objectors is greater than N, or the
action has at least one supporter and no objectors.
4. if the action is to be performed With Notice or With T Notice.
Agora is Satisfied with an intent to perform a specific action
unless at least one of the following is true:
1. The action is to be performed Without N Objections, and it has
at least N objectors.
2. The action is to be performed With N support, and it has fewer
than N supporters.
3. The action is to be performed with N Agoran Consent, and
the ratio of supporters to objectors is no more than N, and the
action has no supporters or at least one objector.