Hm, that's a good point about capitalization. I'm not really familiar
enough with game custom to say.

Your idea about raising a real-life banner has got me thinking...

Raising a banner is a regulated action (R2125), so even if we assume
capitalization doesn't matter, and that you did raise a banner in real
life, Rule 2125 would say that you didn't raise a banner, because you
didn't do it using "the methods explicitly specified in the Rules".

I feel like my understanding is a bit lacking, though. R2125 + R2152
tell us that attempting to raise a banner by a method outside the
rules is "unsuccessful". But it feels a bit similar to the rules
claiming that I don't exist, or that faster-than-light travel is
possible, or that ducks can't fly. When R2438 says "This causes that
person to win the game.", what tells us us that "This" refers "Raising
a Banner in a way the rules deem to be successful", rather than just
"raising a banner" in a literal sense? Is it because Raising a Banner
is capitalized and/or a term of art? Is it because it's game custom to
interpret the rules this way? Or is there another reason?