Good point. I was doing it temporarily for two reasons, but now that I
think about it they aren't great reasons.
* I wanted to be polite by not booting the existing officeholders, but
I guess it's easy enough for the officeholders to reclaim them if they
wan.
* I'm avoiding responsibilities. But as you say, I can do that by resigning.