On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 9:25 PM James Cook <jc...@cs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> I would be honoured, but would it be more appropriate to assign this
> case to someone who hasn't already shown a preference for one outcome?
> I invite whoever judges the case to refer to my arguments if they seem
> helpful.

Unless you have a direct material conflict of interest, this generally isn't
a reason not to judge.  We're too small a community, everyone ends up
having opinions, and we don't want to stifle discussion by saying "you
expressed an earlier opinion on this, no judging for you!"

On the subject of community size - welcome back, o and omd!!!

-G.