[Repeating from accidental response to sub-thread]

I'm very new, so please take this with a massive pile of salt.

You write in 7A:
"In both cases, if the gamestate did not include information about the
past, or the Rules did not refer to that information when referring to
the past, then these parts of the Rules wouldn't make sense."

This seems to run afoul of Rule 217:
"Definitions and prescriptions in the rules are only to be applied using direct, forward reasoning; in particular, an absurdity that can be concluded from the assumption that a statement about rule-defined concepts is false does not constitute proof that it is true."

Jason Cobb