This goes back to some ancient precedents, which amount to "if a
communication has basic purpose, a contract can't redefine that
purpose to hijack the activity into joining".  It's kind of covered in
R217 that doesn't allow willy-nilly redefinition of common terms into
other meanings (unless in high-powered rules).    More broadly, I
think there are several precedents, one that I specifically remember
is CFJ 1290: https://faculty.washington.edu/kerim/nomic/cases/?1290

Brief summary since it's long:  there was a period of bad feelings in
Agora in which people were really insulting/sniping each other.
Someone tried to calm things down by saying "an insult to another
player is considered intent to join this contract which will penalize
the insulter" which resulted in the precedent that "willful
consent/agreement means evidence that you're invoking consent on
purpose, not as an accidental/redirected result of doing something
else."