I think that might fall victim to the same thing I tried with CFJ 3737. When we have contracts, any player can get the Rules to prohibit anything (at least for certain players), thus removing the protections. So, when I create a contract that prohibits breathing, breathing would be indirectly "prohibited or regulated by the Rules" through the requirement for some people to follow the contract, thus taking away everyone's right to breathe in the Rules.

Note that I could be wrong about the above, especially if there is CFJ precedent about this language.

Jason Cobb

V.J. Rada

Jason Cobb wrote:
> Simply striking the last sentence of the Rule would suffice...

I think we'd always like to have some sort of protection against regulating
breathing and the like.  Grabbed some old language from the Rights era,
maybe we should go more along these lines...?
      No interpretation of Agoran law or
      binding agreement may substantially limit or remove a person's
      rights as defined by this Rule, except through the explicit and
      legal amendment of this Rule.
      [...]
      Every person has the right, though not necessarily the
      ability, to perform actions that are not prohibited or
      regulated by the Rules, with the sole exception of
      changing the Rules, which is permitted only when the Rules
      explicitly or implicitly permit it.