On Mon, 22 Jul 2019 at 22:52, Timon Walshe-Grey <m...@timon.red> wrote:

> On Monday, July 22, 2019 10:41 PM, Jason Cobb <jason.e.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > -twg
> >
> > Ehh... not quite.
> >
> > Rule 1742 ("Contracts") reads:
> >
> > > For the purposes of this rule, agreement includes both consent and
> > > agreement specified by contract.
> >
> > The contract could have specified other ways to agree to it, besides
> > public consent.
> >
> > --
> > Jason Cobb
>
> Yes, "agreement" includes both consent and agreement specified by contract.
>
> "By agreement" is the method used to modify or terminate a contract. There is
> also (nowadays) a prohibition on players becoming parties without eir
> "agreement". But none of those things form part of the *definition* of a
> contract:
>
>       Any group of two or more consenting persons (the parties) may
>       make an agreement among themselves with the intention that it be
>       binding upon them and be governed by the rules. Such an agreement
>       is known as a contract.
>
> i.e., if the persons are not consenting, the agreement (whether or not it has
> been agreed to as specified by contract) is not a contract.
>
> -twg

As Treasuror, if there are no further comments, I'm going to assume
that this reasoning is correct and that the contract NSC never
existed.

Just in case, for future reference, here's my record of purported
actions related to NSC:

2019-07-22 20:22: 10 Coins  G. -> NSC
2019-07-22 20:39: 10 Coins  NSC -> Trigon
2019-07-22 21:42:  4 Coins  NSC -> Jason Cobb
2019-07-22 21:42:  2 Coins  NSC -> Jason Cobb (with comment: TURNPIKE)
2019-07-22 21:42:  6 Coins  NSC -> Jason Cobb (with comment: BLACKMAIL)
2019-07-22 23:19: R. Lee does everything 15 times

--
- Falsifian