On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 at 16:06, Kerim Aydin <ke...@uw.edu> wrote:
> Proto for time protection (a homage to B Nomic):
>
> Amend Rule 1698 (Agora Is A Nomic) by replacing its first paragraph
> with:
>
>        Agora is ossified if it is IMPOSSIBLE for any reasonable
>        combination of actions by players to cause arbitrary rule changes
>        to be made and/or arbitrary proposals to be adopted within a
>        four-week period.  Rules to the contrary notwithstanding, dates and
>        times in Agora refer to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). [*]
>
> [
> Comments:
>
> [*] The first  sentence is for context and unchanged.  I thought about a
> longer version e.g. "Time CANNOT pass at any other rate" or similar but I
> think just stating "time is always UTC" as above does the trick without
> adding extra stuff that could break - thoughts??

I'm confused. Doesn't R217's "Definitions in lower-powered Rules ..."
already protect R1698 from this? Are you proposing this to give R1698
better protection against Power-3 instruments, which could e.g. repeal
R217? If so, aren't there other basic definitions to protect as well,
like "rule", "exist", "take effect'?

--
- Falsifian