> That's a good point. Maybe we could add "as long as the announcement
> is not conditioned on anything". It's possible that R478's requirement
> that "by announcement" actions must be unambiguous would imply this
> anyway.
>
> --
> - Falsifian

I have realized the value of the Roshambo Wheel switch will often
become "indeterminate", and thus be reset to the default. So, I agree
with Aris that some sort of higher-powered rule change would be needed
to have changes to switches depend on the future.

Fortunately, I can get around it by not making the Roshambo Wheel a
switch. Updated draft, with the following changes:
* Defined and used "by unconditional announcement".
* The Roshambo Wheel is not a switch. I hope the new text works.
* I removed With Notice from winning. I see Spaaace has it, but I'm not
  sure why. I'll put it back if someone explains it.
* Change "Spin" to "Commune" and "Change eir Mind about spinning" into
  "Reach into the Past".
* A player CANNOT play Roshambo if e has Communed in the past 4 days.
* Default the Roshambo Wheel to Rock.
* Add a delay between playing and updating a player's score, to keep the
  score determinate. Add an officer to track the scores.

AI: 1
Co-authors: Jason Cobb
Text:
Enact a new power-0.5 rule titled "Clairvoyant Roshambo", with the
following text.

      At every time, the Roshambo Wheel is set to exactly one of Rock,
      Paper or Scissors. When the Rules do not say that its value
      changes, it stays the same. If it would otherwise not be set to a
      value, it is set to Rock.

      To perform an action "by unconditional announcement" is to perform
      it by announcement and not specify any condition upon which the
      action depends in that announcement.

      Whenever a player has not done so in the past 4 days, e CAN
      Commune with the Wheel by unconditional announcement, specifying
      Rock, Paper or Scissors.  A player CAN Reach into the Past by
      unconditional announcement at any time. If a player Communes the
      Wheel at a time T, and does not Reach into the Past in the four
      days following T, then at time T I the value of the Roshambo Wheel
      is changed to the value e specified.

      The Medium is an office. Roshambo Score is a player switch with
      possible values all integers, tracked by the Medium.  To increase
      a player's Roshambo Score is to flip it to a value one greater
      than it was, and to decrease it is to flip it to a value one less
      than it was.

      Rock beats Scissors, Scissors beats Paper, and Paper beats Rock.

      Once per Agoran week, each player CAN Play Roshambo by
      unconditional announcement, specifying Rock, Paper or Scissors.
      When e does so:
      * If e specifies a value that beats the current value of the Roshambo
        Wheel, then 4 days later, eir Roshambo Score is increased.
      * If e specifies a value that is beaten by the current value of the
        Roshambo Wheel, then 4 days later, eir Roshambo Score is
        decreased.

      A player with a Roshambo Score of at least 10 CAN Transcend Time
      by announcement.  When e does so, e wins the game, and all
      instances of the Roshambo Score switch are flipped to 0.

--
- Falsifian