> > Fair point, and it's a matter of preference. This just seemed a bit
> > experimental for a full win mechanism to me.

Actually, I wonder if we should think about some kind of "debugging"
mechanism for victories.  Something like "when a win method is first
implemented (some mechanism, probably involving Agoran Consent, for
figuring out whether the first win was due to a win as intended or due
to finding a bug)".  If it was "win as intended" then champion,
otherwise you get a "debugging" title.  After a certain amount of time
that "debugging" goes away and it's a straight win - if you find a
loophole that nobody's spotted at the beginning, you deserve the full
win.

(Now that I've written this, it's the sort of thing that's clear in
concept but really squishy to hard-code).