On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 2:17 PM ais...@alumni.bham.ac.uk
<ais...@alumni.bham.ac.uk> wrote:
> A bug exploit could /be/ a win as intended, if the bug had been placed
> there intentionally by the proposer. "Convince people to adopt a buggy
> victory condition and win immediately" is one of the more common
> winning techniques at BlogNomic.

Rant:  This right here is the reason we almost never get around to
actually playing by the intent of many subgames.  We just crash them
until we're sick of all the CFJs and then repeal.  It really
discourages me from bothering to write a long sub-game - debugging in
play-mode is usually necessary, and I don't see much pride/point in
"hey, I won because there was a misplaced comma or because a certain
set of moves is fundamentally completely imbalanced, isn't that
clever."  I mean it's fine on occasion but having that be the outcome
of Every. Single. Subgame. just gets tiring.

Well, I guess the test mechanism is "Tournament" - where you can put a
"judge by the intent" clause in there.