On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 at 04:27, Aris Merchant
<thoughtsoflifeandligh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 1, 2019 at 9:13 PM Jason Cobb <jason.e.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 9/2/19 12:11 AM, James Cook wrote:
> > > Aris suggested it's unnecessary [0]. I thought the reasoning was that
> > > an action conditioned on indeterminate information (e.g. about the
> > > future) can't meet the standard for "by announcement". Do you think
> > > that the fact that the rule defines a future-dependent action changes
> > > the "by announcement" standard?
> > >
> > > [0]https://mailman.agoranomic.org/cgi-bin/mailman/private/agora-discussion/2019-August/055204.html
> >
> > I believe e was saying that defining the term "unconditional
> > announcement" was excessive, not that the usage was unnecessary.
>
> That's correct.
>
> -Aris

Got it. Just so I don't forget, here's a revision with "unconditional"
before every "announcement" except for the last one, where I don't
think it's needed.

Co-authors: Aris, Jason Cobb
Power: 0.5
Title: Clairvoyant Roshambo

      At every time, the Roshambo Wheel is set to exactly one of Rock,
      Paper or Scissors. When the Rules do not say that its value
      changes, it stays the same. If it would otherwise not be set to a
      value, it is set to Rock.

      Whenever a player has not done so in the past 4 days, e CAN
      Commune with the Wheel by unconditional announcement, specifying a
      new value for the wheel.  A player CAN Reach into the Past by
      unconditional announcement at any time. When a player Communes
      with the Wheel, the Roshambo Wheel is changed to the value e
      specified, as long as that value is Rock, Paper or Scissors, and e
      does not not Reach into the Past in the following four days.

      Rock beats Scissors, Scissors beats Paper, and Paper beats Rock.
      Roshambo Score is an integer player switch. Once per Agoran week,
      each player CAN Play Roshambo by unconditional announcement,
      specifying Rock, Paper or Scissors, but only if e has not Communed
      with the Wheel in the past 4 days.  When e does so:
      * If e specifies a value that beats the current value of the
        Roshambo Wheel, then 4 days later, eir Roshambo Score is
        increased by 1.
      * If e specifies a value that is beaten by the current value of
        the Roshambo Wheel, then 4 days later, eir Roshambo Score is
        decreased by 1.

      The Medium is an office, and the recordkeepor of Roshambo Score.

      A player with a Roshambo Score of at least 10 CAN Transcend Time
      by announcement.  When e does so, e wins the game, and all
      instances of the Roshambo Score switch are flipped to 0.

--
- Falsifian