On 9/10/2019 4:43 PM, Aris Merchant wrote:
> If not, we’re gating proposals out of an
> abstract opinion that they ought to be gated rather than because it’s in
> anyone’s interest.

I could say it's a load on everyone (i.e. the "voters") when lots of
proposals get submitted without much thought, but that's not really it.
The real reason is, it's a game.  Part of games are the challenges that come
from limiting actions.  Since we change the rules, sometimes we want to
gamify proposals in that matter.

I know you've historically been very against proposal fees, and I've
generally been for them, but it's not for a deep philosophical reason other
than "some of us want to play that way for a while."

All that said, just putting a coin fee on proposals doesn't make proposal
fees "interesting", there has to be some deeper play than that to make it
worthwhile...

-G.