On Mon, 28 Oct 2019 at 05:36, omd <c.ome...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Proposal: Self-ratifying statements (AI=3)
>
> [Create a mechanism for a public message to be defined as self-ratifying a
> statement that's not in the message.
>
> Currently, Rule 2034 does this in a strange implicit way, by saying that the
> message "constitutes self-ratifying claims that" such-and-such.  I'd call it
> dubious, but according to CFJ 3618 as recorded in a FLR annotation (I can't
> find the original judgement), it does work, even if the message in question
> *explicitly disclaims* the such-and-such.  Still, it's better to organize
> things in a way that avoids counterfactual assumptions.
>
> Convert two rules to use the new mechanism: Rule 2034, and Rule 107, which
> previously vaguely mentioned an error being "correctly identified within one
> week".  The new wording also requires clarity, as I also proposed separately
> (if both proposal pass, this overwrites the wording from the other).]
>
> Amend Rule 1551 (Ratification) by replacing:
>
>       When a public document is ratified
>
> with:
>
>       When a document or statement (hereafter "document") is ratified

How do self-ratifying actions interact with the "if the document
explicitly specifies a different past time as being the time the
document was true" part? I guess they generally wouldn't trigger it,
and we'll think of that part as being intended only for old-style
ratification.But I wonder if a new reader without that context would
be confused by that part, if they first read R2034 and then read this
rule to understand what a self-ratifying attestation is.

--
- Falsifian