On Sun, Dec 29, 2019 at 5:17 PM Gaelan Steele via agora-discussion
<agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> So, starting with a trivial case, I think it’s pretty clear that a player
> registering does not constitute a “change in the ruleset,” even though it
> affects the functioning of rules with regard to that person. My goal was word
> the rule such that it under the same case. However, an argument could be made
> that the change here is somehow more “fundamental” because it affects the
> relationship between rules themselves, and therefore is a rule change.

I'd tend to agree that changing That One Rule would not be a "change
to the ruleset".  Though I think the original definition of That One
Rule is slightly better, because it avoids a gamestate "change"
entirely, in favor of something that's more of a change in real-world
state (the act of announcing that something is The One).