On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 10:34 AM Timon Walshe-Grey via
agora-discussion <agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> It all depends on whether "If POSSIBLE" means "If currently POSSIBLE"
> or "If POSSIBLE when the requirement was created". I don't see that it's
> 100% unambiguous, but your reading definitely wins on "common sense" and
> "best interests of the game".

Oh - hmm, I hadn't thought of that.  You're right, it's not wholly
unambiguous.  My thinking is that the full requirement is to do so "in
a timely fashion".  We've held previously that "timely fashion"
requirements are broken when the time limit expires. After the
nomination period ends but before the time limit expires, e hasn't
broken the rule.  If someone else resolves it in the mean time, it's
no longer POSSIBLE to do so "in a timely fashion" following the
nomination period ending.  So at no point in time did e break the
rule.  But I definitely see your reading too.

> Point about glitter stands, though. Not that it's worth terribly much,
> but it's a non-zero amount and I don't see any other incentives either
> way.

I'm *slightly* concerned on this because I think that deputizing for
someone who isn't yet late is slightly rude, as the officer should be
given discretion on when to do stuff without being pushed that hard
(except for special circumstances).  But given that *anyone* is
allowed to do this particular job, it doesn't seem like a big deal.
(If you were jumping in to try to, say, assign CFJs or resolve
Proposals it would be another matter - imagine if everyone was trying
to get the cyan prize all the time by announcing that they intended to
do officers' jobs so it was hard to track who was doing what - would
cause a mess).

-G.