On 1/28/20 2:14 PM, Aris Merchant via agora-discussion wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 12:03 AM omd via agora-discussion
> <agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
>
>> I suppose I could mirror the archives on GitHub, which would be less
>> idiosyncratic and more resilient to me getting hit by a bus.  That
>> would, however, imply giving up on obfuscating email addresses, unless
>> I made the repo private (which defeats the purpose of resilience) or
>> obfuscated the repo contents somehow (which defeats the purpose of
>> avoiding idiosyncracy).  Thoughts?
> You can share a private repo with three people (they've started
> letting people do that recently-ish). If one picked three Agorans
> who've been playing relatively steadily for a long while, it would
> make things much safer (the possibility of four Agorans getting
> incapacitated at once is decidedly low, absent a global crisis, in
> which case we have bigger problems).
>
> -Aris

Couldn't someone just zip the files and put them in a public GitHub
repo? If we really cared, the zip files could be encrypted and the
password could be put in the README, since I think most of the major
operating systems have builtin support for encrypted ZIPs.

This would allow people who actually cared to easily access the archives
(as long as the ZIP specification survives, which it probably will),
while preventing all but the most dedicated automatic scanners from
getting to it.

--
Jason Cobb