On Thu, 6 Feb 2020 at 14:55, James Cook via agora-discussion
<agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Feb 2020 at 18:09, James Cook <jc...@cs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> > Are we just going to let a steady stream of sufficiently dedicated
> > players claim their standard victories? I say we raise the bar a
> > little.
>
> By the way, I don't mean for this comment to take away from G.'s
> victory. G. built quite a large balance over a long time, and eirs is
> the first Coin victory I've seen.
>
> Victory should be a rare and celebrated achievement. Now that someone
> has beaten the Coins game (and now that I've slipped a victory in too,
> thank you very much) let's close that and start on something new. I'll
> be voting for a fairly high fee in the hope that the economy gets
> reset or something before anyone reaches it.
>
> - Falsifian

I think that economic wins are a valuable and important part of the
game. I don't think we should necessarily change the mechanism every
time, but I do generally prefer to see them come with a built-in reset
(whole or partial). Wins where the goal is to amass a collection, like
Ribbons, are different sometimes, but I do like the idea that purely
economic activity-based wins should come with resets.

-Alexis