On Sun, 2 Feb 2020 at 02:42, Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
<agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 1, 2020 at 6:25 PM James Cook via agora-discussion
> <agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> >
> > Questions for anyone interested in Agora:
> >
> > 1. Would you be interested in seeing an Agoran newsletter? Not like
> >    "Last week in Agora"; I mean something more carefully written and
> >    covering a longer span of time.
>
> Yes. We've tried this in the past, and it's been great when it worked,
> but we've had repeated problems with low activity. The office was
> called the Reportor, I think. It has worked in the past, but it only
> works when someone is willing to take it on for a long period of time.
> For some reason, it needs more commitment than most offices to
> function. I'm not suggesting that you should be obliged to commit to
> run it long term, just making a factual statement about the historical
> trends.

That's good to know. On the topic of long-term commitment: I'm hoping
that a commitment to the weekly summaries will be enough to make other
journalistic tasks feasible on a more ad-hoc basis. I've kept those up
for 3+ months so far, but might try to set up a rotation or something.

> Am I interested? Definitely. Will I actually do it? Almost certainly
> not. I've considered doing a "interesting proposals" summary as
> Promotor, but I inevitably fail to have the time. However, I did
> contribute last time around by editing the newspapers for publication
> on the Agoran blog [1], and I could possibly resume that task.
>
> [1] https://agoranomic.org/blog/

Editing would be helpful!

I had been imagining the more substantial newsletter being close to
quarterly. Looking at that blog, it looks like at least some of them
had shorter periods in mind. Any opinions on the relative benefits of
different frequencies?

I've got about a quarter's worth of summaries so far, so it might make
sense for at least the first one to cover that time period, regardless
of any future frequency.

Is there any way to find the blog starting from
https://agoranomic.org/ ? I don't think I'd seen it before.

- Falsifian