On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 at 19:04, Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
<agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> On 2/18/2020 10:45 AM, James Cook via agora-discussion wrote:
> >       For the purpose of such a auction, to transfer a zombie to a
> >       player is to set that zombie's master switch to that player, and
> >       Agora CAN transfer zombies by willing it to be done.
>
> Did I miss a new definition of "willing" something to be done?  Agora has
> no will (kind of like "consent", that's reserved for natural persons, by a
> couple of precedents) and even if it had a "will" it's got no mechanism
> for communicating its will?

I intended the text to do two things: first, make it so that Agora
"CAN transfer the items in that lot to that winner at will" so that
R2551 triggers properly, and also, to satisfy R2125's stipulation that
actions only be performed using mechanisms supplied by the rules
(otherwise R2551 might fail to actually cause Agora to transfer the
zombie).

Not sure if it actually works.

Okay, here's a third version, making it so it's not actually Agora
that's doing the transferring.

Title: Auction promotion v1.2
AI: 2
Co-authors: Alexis
Chamber: Economy

[Comment: It's awkward to have a power-2 rule (Zombie Auctions) defer
to the power-1 auction rules for implementation of something involving
changes that are secured at power 2. This proposal raises the power of
the auction rules, and ensures Agora CAN transfer zombies as required
by the auction. ]

Increase the power of each of Rules 2549, 2550 and 2551 to 2, in that order.

Amend Rule 1885 (Zombie Auctions) by replacing the sentence

      For the purpose of such a auction, to transfer a zombie to a
      player is to set that zombie's master switch to that player.

with

      For the purpose of such a auction, Agora CAN transfer zombies at
      will, and when Agora would transfer a zombie to a player, this
      rule sets the zombie's master switch to that player.

- Falsifian