This might already be known but Blob's Thesis Archive [1] appears to have left
this realm. It was not captured on the wayback machine. Luckily, PSS has
captured all of the theses that were stored there [2]. In the future we might
consider creating a proper taskforce or office for ensuring record
preservation. In the meantime there's some steps we can autonomously take to
prevent something from being truly lost:

* Upload any privately held records you have to somewhere public, so they can
survive your absence

* Create wayback snapshots [3] or new public records for any aging archives. If
the owner of an archive is not an active player, we should consider those
records at risk of disappearing at any time.

* Consider downloading copies of documents and git repositories. More copies
means more chances of preservation.

Thanks to PSS for eir foresight, and pre-thanks to everyone that does their
part in preservation efforts.

[1]
ftp://ftp.cse.unsw.edu.au/pub/users/malcolmr/nomic/articles/agora-theses/library.html

[2] https://github.com/AgoraNomic/Library

[3] https://web.archive.org/

---
Nch