> On May 22, 2020, at 20:07, Edward Murphy via agora-discussion
> <agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
>
> PSS wrote:
>
>>       If the Referee is the investigator and the Arbitor is not the
>>       perpetrator, the Arbitor is the Judge. If the Arbitor is the
>>       Investigator or the perpetrator, the Speaker is the Judge.
>
> Okay, so Rule 2478 includes this:
>
>      The Referee is by default the investigator for all Finger
>      Pointing. If the Referee is the perp, then the Arbitor CAN
>      become the investigator of that Finger Pointing by announcement.
>
> so the other clause appears to cover all the

Could you clarify which other clause? I’m not sure to what you’re referring.

> bases (the investigator is
> either the Referee or the Arbitor), it's just confusing. What about:
>
>      The Judge of an Indictment is the Arbitor, unless the Arbitor is
>      the investigator or perp, in which case the Judge is the Speaker.
>
> Also, are there any possible corner cases when one or more of the
> offices changes holder after the Indictment is initiated?

I hadn’t thought about this, I’ll have to think about the best way to resolve
this.

> There's
> definitely one where Arbitor and Speaker are the same player, though
> at that point we might decide "okay, if you succeed in landing Speaker
> then you're allowed to get away with that for the duration".

I think it should definitely be separated, so I’ll add the PM as a back-up
because that person can’t be the same as the Speaker at the same time. I will
still have to think more about how to address changes in offices over time.