> (1) use natural switches - current solution, bad metaphor;
>
> (2) use currencies - I think that's a bad fit, we don't really want to
> treat these quantities as tradable objects and we want to include negative
> karma, so with an even "worse" metaphor IMO;
>
> (3) invent something new in parallel to switches (A "dial" has more values
> than a switch.  A dial can go to 11.)  Is it worth the verbiage of a new
> name if it functions just like switches?;
>
> (4) just change the name of "switches" and the word "flip" (is there a
> term that's more intuitive?)

I definitely prefer 1 or 4.

When I first read the ruleset, the word "switch" seemed strange to me
(maybe because there are usually more than two values). So maybe a
different word would make sense.

But it's a simple and broadly-applicable concept. We can provide one
common definition of what it means to track a switch, what happens
when a switch's value is indeterminate, what it means to secure a
switch, etc. If I get around to submitting my ratification of events
proto, I'll just have to adjust the rules on ratifying switches in
reports, instead of tracking down a bunch of different switch-like
things and explaining ratification for them all individually.

- Falsifian