> If the Rules associate payment of a set of actions (hereafter the fee

s/actions/assets/

> for the action; syns: cost, price charge) with performing an action,

You lost a comma after "price".

> that mechanism for performing that action is a fee-based mechanism.

Shouldn't it be "method" rather than "mechanism"? (Everywhere in the proposal.)

The rules do talk about mechanisms in some places. I'm not sure what
the difference is, but e.g. R2125 and 1728 use the word "method" for
the sort of thing I think this proposal is trying to describe.

> If the Rules define a fee-based mechanism to perform an action, but the
> specified set of assets is the empty set, then the mechanism can be
> invoked by announcement, but the announcement must include that there is
> an (empty or 0) fee for the mechanism.

I'm not sure if the meaning of "invoking" a mechanism/method is clear
enough. What if we kept "then the action can be performed by
announcement" here? I don't feel strongly; both versions seem vaguely
fishy to me for different reasons.

- Falsifian