On 6/18/2020 8:02 PM, Rebecca via agora-discussion wrote:
> Merely thinking and planning to commit murder isn't attempted murder, the
> acts carried out have to be "more than merely preparatory" (under English
> law). The same applies to this analogous crime, merely preparing to take
> the ossifying action is not an attempt; attempt is actually doing an action
> (even if that action fails, as it would ossify Agora).
>
> The thing my proposal had to do with it was that it removed the bit that
> said "intending to do a forbidden art is a crime" (or whatever). For what
> it's worth under the common sense factors, the fact that making a formal
> intent to do an action that would ossify the game was specifically removed
> from the rule means that it is unlikely the rule is meant to still
> criminalize it.

Where's the "intent" bit in Rule 2617/0 I'm completely missing it:

Rule 2617/0 (Power=1.0)
Defense Against the Dark Arts

      A proposal is forbidden if it would, upon successfully taking
      effect, cause Agora to be ossified or to cease to exist.  An
      action is forbidden if it would, upon its successful occurrence,
      cause Agora to be ossified or to cease to exist.

      Attempting a forbidden action is PROHIBITED, and is the Class-4
      Crime of Engaging in Forbidden Arts.

      Submitting a forbidden proposal is PROHIBITED, and is the Class-1
      Crime of Contemplating Forbidden Arts.

      Being the author of an adopted forbidden proposal is PROHIBITED,
      and is the Class-2 Crime of Suborning Forbidden Arts.

      Having a final ballot that evaluates to FOR in the Agoran decision
      on whether to adopt a forbidden proposal is PROHIBITED, and is the
      Class-1 Crime of Abetting Forbidden Arts.