This is intended to be a publicly funded contract once we have a rule for that.

(The same thing could be accomplished more simply by making Reportor
rule-defined, but I'm interested in being able to add things to Agora
without adding complexity to the rules.)

Much of the text is around determining who's responsible for writing
the report for a given week. Summary: whoever claims it first, unless
e gives it away. I wonder if the text could be simplified.

Title: Agoran Press

{

Purpose: support the documentation of Agoran events in a way that
informs current players and non-players and also supports future
research.

-- Joining and leaving --

Parties to this contract are called Reportors.

Any person CAN become a party to this contract by publicly consenting.

Any person CAN cease to be a party by announcement, unless e owns the
Weekly Assignment, or is responsible for publishing a report in the
current week and has not done so.

-- Assignment --

The Weekly Assignment is a unique indestructible asset which can be
owned by players and this contract. It can only be transferred as
outlined below.

A player who owns a Weekly Assignment at the end of a week is Assigned
to that week.

When a person is Assigned to a week, e SHALL publish a Weekly Report
during the following week, summarizing notable events for the Assigned
week. Notability, and what must be included in a summary, are at the
author's discretion. (If this becomes a problem, we can sort it out
later.)

The Weekly Assignment can be transferred as follows:

* If this contract owns it, any Reportor CAN take it by announcement.

* If a Reportor consents to receive it, the owner CAN transfer it to
  that Reportor by announcement.

* At the beginning of every week (immediately after responsibility for
  the previous week is determined) it becomes owned by this contract.

* If it would lack an owner or be owned by the Lost and Found
  department, it becomes owned by this contract.

-- Payment --

Credits are a currency. If a player is Assigned to a week, then the
first time e publishes a Weekly Report for that week e is granted one
credit. (No time limit for payment; late is better than never.)

Whenever a player owns a Credit and this contract owns at least 5 Coins,
that player CAN transfer 5 Coins from this contract to emself by
announcement. When e does so, one of eir Credits is destroyed.

The Editor is the recordkeepor for Credits. The player Assigned to the
previous week is the recordkeepor for Credits, or Falsifian if nobody is
Assigned.

-- Amendment --

Any Reportor can propose an amendment to this contract by announcement.
If an amendment was proposed at least 2 days ago, at least two thirds
(rounded up) of all Reportors consent to it, and it has not yet been
applied, then any Reportor can apply it by announcement, causing this
contract to be amended according to it.

}

- Falsifian
  • DIS: Draft Reportor c... James Cook via agora-discussion