> On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 12:00 PM ATMunn via agora-business <
> agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:
>
> > I feel like I vaguely recall this being discussed at some point
> > previously, but I thought I would go for it anyways.
> >
> > I initiate a Call for Judgement on the following statement: "If a player
> > dies unbeknownst to all persons involved in Agora, e is still a person."
> >
> > Rule 869 states that
> >        Any organism that is generally capable of freely originating and
> >        communicating independent thoughts and ideas is a person. Rules to
> >        the contrary notwithstanding, no other entities are persons.
> >
> > If someone dies, e is no longer capable of freely originating and
> > communicating independent thoughts and ideas; therefore, e is not a
> > person. FALSE.
> >
> > ...but if nobody knows that e died, then e has to still be a person. We
> > can't assume without proof that anyone is dead and declare em not a
> > person. So PARADOXICAL? Maybe?
> >
> > --
> > ATMunn
> > friendly neighborhood notary here :)

On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 at 02:05, Rebecca via agora-discussion
<agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> https://faculty.washington.edu/kerim/nomic/cases/?3411

Past discussions:

It came up in the discussion thread "The Very Worst Thing That Could
Possibly Happen (Attn. Distributor)" in Jan-Feb. Maye start at
https://mailman.agoranomic.org/cgi-bin/mailman/private/agora-discussion/2020-January/056441.html

>From that thread, this Oct 2018 thread "What if a player dies?" was
linked, with the comment that discussion petered out with no
conclusion:
https://www.mail-archive.com/agora-discussion@agoranomic.org/msg45140.html

- Falsifian