On 6/23/20 8:49 AM, nch via agora-business wrote:
> I CFJ: Welcome Package Patch's sole function is not to minimally rectify
> a bug.
>
> Arguments: It does rectify a bug (although, again, it introduces a new
> one). But it was forced through to prevent a scam. R2626 says "A player
> SHALL NOT certify a proposal unless its sole function isto minimally
> rectify a bug, error, or ambiguity". This has two functions: rectifying
> the bug, and preventing a scam. Sole means only, as in "the only function".

An additional argument if I may: There's a difference between patching a
scam before it's performed, and patching a scam while it's being
performed. In the latter, the proposal has a second purpose: to stop a
current action. I think if you accepted that this pend met the
standards, you could later extend it to cases where it's less clearly a
patch and more just a block of a scam under the pretense of a patch.

--
nch
Prime Minister, Webmastor, NAX Exchange Manager