On Sun, 2020-07-12 at 13:32 -0700, Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
wrote:
> That presumes that I think bribery proposals are legitimate. I don't,
> but if the rules explicitly make it so there's no legitimate way to
> do something one is clearly intended to do, I suppose that makes it
> legitimate to do it an otherwise illegitimate way.

Bribery proposals were explicitly envisaged as one way to get black
ribbons, back when they were designed (I think the expectation was that
people would be using voting power shenanigans to force them through,
but good old-fashioned diplomacy works too). "Get enough economic power
that you can force through a proposal" is a time-honoured Agoran
tradition, and it's a bit of a pity that the more recent rulesets
haven't made it possible.

--
ais523